The Caulfield Grammarians’ Association (CGA) is excited to be launching our inaugural Young Alumni Ambassador Program (YAAP). YAAP offers free career coaching, mentoring and networking opportunities to all young alumni (18-30 years) from Caulfield Grammar School.
We want to share issues and perspectives affecting young people today, grow initiatives for young alumni by young alumni, so the CGA better reflects the diverse nature of our community.
The purpose of YAAP is to:
- Actively engage young alumni with relevant and meaningful initiatives so that they will become positive advocates and ambassadors for the CGA
- Promote the value of lifelong connections and community to young alumni to create a pipeline into our Reunion Program
- Bridge the gap between Year 12 and beyond so that our young alumni feel supported, confident and work ready as they transition
- Become more visible to Senior School Students prior to their graduation to build awareness of the CGA and what we have to offer
- Partner effectively with the School and complement their existing initiatives such as traineeships and career counselling services
- Offer mid & late-career Grammarians the chance to give back by mentoring and supporting young alumni
For the inaugural program in 2021 there will be a key focus on providing support to the Classes of 2020 and 2019. (Current Senior School Students are also welcome to attend our Mentoring Circles events).
Young alumni can pick and choose which activities to get involved in to tailor the program to their own specific needs. All YAAP activities are free and include:
4 x Group Career Coaching Sessions
Presented by CGA Careers Expert Leah Lambart – founder of Melbourne-based career coaching business Relaunch Me.
- Increasing your employability after study
- What your resume should look like in 2021
- LinkedIn for job search, networking and building a personal brand
- Preparing for a formal job interview
3 x Mentoring Circles
- The Arts, Education, IT/Technology, Law/Politics/International Relations
- Sports/Fitness, Trades/VET, Defense Force/Emergency Services, Engineering/Science/Agriculture
- Business/Enrepreneurship/Finance, Marketing/Comms/PR, Medicine/Psychology/Health, Design/Architecture/Fashion
Reverse Mentoring Breakfast
Young alumni will mentor CGS Staff on themes around: Embracing authenticity, adaptability & innovation, personal brand & digital networking, using new technology, resilience & risk taking. The emphasis will be on learning from our young people and building mutually beneficial relationships by sharing different perspectives.
Young Alumni Tell Their Stories Week
Young Alumni Tell Their Stories Week is a week-long takeover of CGA social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube) and the website by young alumni (18-30-year old’s). This is an opportunity for young alumni to share their stories and issues that matter to them with the broader Grammarian community.
Welcoming the Classes of 2020 & 2019
A Young Alumni Reunion for those who are 1-5 years out of school. The emphasis will be on a fun casual evening where they can catch up with their peers and find out what they have been up to.
We would love your support in promoting this initiative to any young alumni you may know. If you would like further information about any of the above activities or would like to get involved as a mentor please email [email protected].