The second of our career coaching events for young alumni and senior school students was held online on Wednesday 19th May. We are very grateful to our career expert Leah Lambart, Director of Relaunch Me – Career Consulting, for providing a very informative presentation once again.
About 30 young alumni and senior students from Years 10 to 12 participated in the session.
In her presentation, Leah focused on:
1) The importance of a resume and cover letter when applying for a position;
2) Some dos and don’ts in resume writing;
3) A “best practice” structure for writing a resume in Australia in 2021;
4) How to tailor your resume to the position;
5) The resources that can be used to help write a good resume.
The session concluded with Leah answering questions from the audience.
In the next group career coaching session on Wednesday 4th August Leah will focus on LinkedIn for job search, networking and building a personal brand. More information about this session and the final group coaching session for the year on Wednesday 20th October (Preparing for a formal job interview) is available on our website.