A highly successful on-line networking event – Mentoring Circles – was held on Wednesday 9 September. Both recent graduates and current senior students (Years 10 to 12) were invited to attend. There were over 100 participants and the feedback received has been very positive.
After an introductory presentation from career expert Leah Lambart (Relaunch Me), the participants were placed in six breakout groups based on their areas of career interest.
The following Grammarians acted as mentors in these disciplines (‘circles’), providing information about their career journeys and answering questions from participants:
- Simon Esposito (Class of 1995), Henry Jones (1989) and Chris Sotiropoulos (1985) – Business & Entrepreneurship
- James Foott (1997), Peta Krahn (1996) and Andrew Lee (2004) – Engineering, Construction & Architecture
- Paul Bennett (1991), Shaf Dewani (1987), Alexi Gugas (2004) and Pierce Hanlen (2008) – Finance
- Richard Johnson (1995) and Yvonne Kushnir (2008) – Law
- Emily Davis (2012), Michael Skarbek (1995) and Emily Zhang (2004) – Marketing, Communications & Design
- Sian Brownlow (2012) with partner Alex Bowden, Grace Buchan (2014) and Chris Mathieson (1992) – Medicine & Health.
A number of the mentors were contacted by participants after the event with further queries and comments.
The CGA would like to thank Leah Lambart for her presentation and for acting as MC for the event, members of the School’s careers staff and other guests from the School and CGA Committee for their involvement, and all the mentors (some of whom live overseas or interstate) for giving up their time to be involved in this event.
The CGA is planning three careers events in 2021. Make sure you check our upcoming events calendar for the most up-to-date information.