- This event has passed.
Mentoring Circles – April 2021
April 28 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
The CGA is delighted to host the online event ‘Mentoring Circles on Wednesday 28 April 2021 from 6.30pm — 8.00pm (AEST). This event is targeted at young alumni (thirty years of age or less), however we encourage other Grammarians to get involved by becoming a mentor (contact [email protected] with your discipline and background).
- Help young alumni obtain discipline specific mentoring and advice on their career pathway
- Support young alumni as they transition from school to university and work
- Build active connections and promote networking between Grammarians
- Provide older alumni with an opportunity to give back to the Caulfield community and share their knowledge
Mentors will be from a range of disciplines including The Arts, Education, IT/Technology, Law/Politics/International Relations.
Georgina Young (Class of 2012) is a writer and designer living in Melbourne.
- Lexie Van Maanen (Class of 2017) is a singer who was cast in her first ever professional role as the Mistress in Opera Australia’s 40th Anniversary production of Evita.
- Raj Jayaweera (Class of 1997) is a jazz musician (drummer) who has toured extensively around the world.
Anna Dowling (Class of 2001) is a Drama and English teacher at Caulfield Grammar’s Wheelers Hill Campus.
Blaze Puksand (Class of 2007) currently works as a secondary teacher at the International School of Beijing.
Holly Lilley (Class of 2006) is an English and history teacher at Loreto Mandeville Hall in Toorak.
- John Sanderson (Class of 2004) is a leading teacher at Templestowe College in Melbourne.
- Lachlan Van Styn (Class of 2015) is a health and physical education teacher at Djarragun College in Gordonvale, near Cairns, Queensland.
- Aaron Chong (Class of 2006) is a Senior IT Architect for the Boston Consulting Group (BCG).
- Alex Grant (Class of 2005) is a passionate tech entrepreneur with extensive experience in developing technology solutions for sports, ticketing and events.
- Balkan Misirli (Class of 2006) is a data engineer and Google Cloud enthusiast, who is a senior consultant at Servian, a global technical consultancy which specialises in implementing data analytics and machine learning projects for large enterprises.
- Dr Chris Sotiropoulos (Class of 1985) is an entrepreneur, involved in three business – APAC Health, Global Opportunities. Commercialisation, and Legal and International Commercial Services.
- Claudia Kevin (Class of 2014) is Policy Officer (International Policy) at the National Indigenous Australians Agency.
- Grant Poulter (Class of 2001) is Chief of Staff, Minister for Multicultural Affairs, Community Sport, and Youth, at the Victorian Government since mid-2020.
- Hollia Lam (Class of 2009) is an Associate at the law firm Conyers Dill Pearman in Hong Kong.
- 6.30pm – 7.00pm Welcome & Mentor Interviews – Careers Expert (MC)
- 7.00pm – 7.50pm Break into interest groups and chat with mentor (Mentors will speak about their career pathways and answer participant questions)
- 7.50pm – 8.00pm Questions and close – Careers Expert (MC)
RSVP: 5pm Friday 23 April 2021 (once we receive your RSVP you will receive a separate email with the meeting link/login details. If you have not received the link by 11am Tuesday 27 April please contact [email protected])
Please feel free to share this invitation with other alumni.
We hope to see you there.
Attending this event means that you agree to be photographed and videoed by the Caulfield Grammarians’ Association and it’s agents. For more details see our Terms and Conditions.