The Caulfield Grammarians’ Association (CGA) would like to assure you that, while we continue to operate, the wellbeing of our community is our highest priority at this time of uncertainty.
Through consultation with our leadership and the School, and ongoing monitoring of reports and forecasts from the World Health Organization, the CGA has implemented the following safeguards in response to COVID-19:
- No international travel and postponement of international events
- No interstate travel and postponement of interstate events
- Meetings with internal and external stakeholders to occur via phone
- All staff have been asked not to attend any conferences or gatherings where there are significant crowds (100 or more people).
- Any staff member who has travelled overseas or come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 are required to isolate themselves at home for the advised 14 day self-isolation period.
- CGA staff are working from home from Monday 23 March until Monday 20 April. We respectfully request that none of our Grammarians visit our office during this period. The best way to contact us is via email at [email protected] Alternatively, if you prefer to speak over the phone please leave a message on our answering machine and someone will return your call.
- We have placed events in the next three months on hold until further notice. There will be more communications about specific events in the coming weeks (please keep an eye out for these). We will try and reschedule events in 2020 where practical in order to limit the disruption to our class reunion groups and to support our suppliers (many of whom are small businesses).
- We are rethinking our approach to program delivery and business as usual to ensure we are able to provide connection and fellowship to our alumni at this time of social distancing (when many are feeling isolated).
We will continue to closely monitor the situation with COVID-19 as it develops and make the necessary decisions to help keep our community safe.
We hope that you, and your family and friends, remain safe and well. We encourage you to do what you can to support those affected whether it’s reaching out to someone, buying from a local business, or making the most of your time at home.