School history was made on February 4, 1981 when classes began at the new co-educational campus in our centenary year.
197 boys and girls from Year 3-7 and 10 staff gathered with founding Head of Campus, Milton Cujes (1981-89) at the new campus situated on 20 hectares of sloping scenic land at the foot of the Dandenong Ranges.
On the first day in a whole-campus assembly an overview of school history was shared and Headmaster, Rev A Holmes (1977-92) led the singing of the School Song. Scripture readings from Proverbs and Psalms reminded all present of the legacy from School Founder, Joseph Henry Davies, M.A. (1881-88) that, “the School be a thoroughly Christian one”.
Read more about the this special day and co-education on the Caulfield Grammar School website.